Monday, January 14, 2013

Videographers - A Thing Of The Past?

Well, are they?  I know throughout the 90s EVERYONE had a videographer for their wedding.  (I'm still being forced to watch my sister's when I visit her - and that was from 1990!) 

At the time, one of the big selling points of booking a videographer was that with photos you could see your Aunt Dot or Uncle Bob.  In videos you could watch them move and speak and dance.  As a young newlywed it may not really matter - but down the road as these loved ones would pass on (and you became older), you could play back the tape (or DVD) and truly remember them.

I can honestly say that in the past 3 years of deejaying weddings, I have seen hide nor hair of any videographers plying their trade. 

Are people just trying to cut costs?

Is it a locale thing?  (Do they still have videographers in larger metropolitan areas?)

Have people with android phones taken over? 

Have they just become extinct and unnecessary?

Over the years I worked with many who were great at what they did.  It was their chance to be artistic.  Leave behind a little piece of themselves in each "production."

I'd be curious to hear other readers' thoughts on this.  Did you have a videographer?  Why or why not?  Are you planning on using a videographer?

No comments:

Post a Comment